Monday, September 30, 2013

Untitled

I had an interesting weekend. Up & down. Two conversations I really did not wish to have, swirling around a theme. I didn't back down from them. I didn't hide from them. I did squirm though. The nice thing was, after the first one, I saw the second one coming from a mile away. Sunday was a bit of a loner day. I needed to get alone for a while. Don't know how to describe the feeling. Maybe I just felt... corrosive. Maybe I just recharge better alone. So I did get to spend time with the story I'm writing. I got to put to paper a large chunk of the darkest part of it. Which does feel mighty good. Disgusting to look at, but it's written. So now I get to see where it takes me from here. Still the strangest thing I've ever written. The longest I've ever gone in a somewhat singular direction. Now that I think of it, it's like hiking on an unfamiliar path. I don't know how long the journey will be, since I've never been here before. I don't know what "vistas" I'll get to see. What views there will be. What pictures I'll take. [which might take the form of poems] I just know that nature is where I reset. I go there to recalibrate my soul. It's where I can re-find the quiet ocean of calm. To sit next to.
Well, I think I'll go for now. I feel the need to write some more. And for some reason I've got some "drawing thoughts" that float around a TWLOHA theme. So I think I'll explore them.
I'll leave you with one of a few bands that really grab me lately. This is the "official" music video for the title song from Gungor's latest effort: I am Mountain


May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: