Thursday, October 3, 2013

stuff

You know... it's nice to have people you can "let your hair" down with. You can be "the real you" with. You know, the gloves are off [good or bad as that can be]. "You uncensored". All your colors out there to see. Hope you have a few. People who are pulling for you. I got to briefly share with a couple of guys tonight why praying for a few people pulls at my heart strings. They calmly listened. Feels kind of like the air smells just before it rains.
Sometimes we are all a bit too private for our own good. Was listening to earphones this morning when I heard these sad, yet hopeful words of struggle to be helpful:
"...Press my nose
up, to the glass
around your heart
I should've known
I was weaker
from the start,
You'll build your walls
and I will play
my bloody part
To tear,
tear them down,
Well I'm gonna tear,
tear them down..."
-Babel by Mumford & Sons [from the disc Babel]
I need to get some sleep. I know I've been posting links to stuff a lot lately. Here are a few more...
a new & good blog post from twloha: Finally Recognized
time to laugh: Tim Hawkins "The Chick-fil-a song"  [sorry if I posted this before]
Mr. Hawkins... thanks for the laughs. They are needed.
bohemian rhapsody by the muppets

Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am [thanks to my Babe & her sister Mare for this]
King's X - Dream in my Life
King's X - I just want to live

May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: