Sunday, October 13, 2013

a couple of poems for now

While I work on a post that is a bit uncomfortable. I thought I would share some poems that came to me over the past few days. One friend may recognize some of the words from a very short email I sent. [some of these came during that email]

A Deep Forever
This
Is what I need
What I want
Is “safe love”
Safe, shallow, small
Fake plastic, love
Because it can be
Dismissed easily
What I need is
Love
Unbound
A love that not
Only
Is willing to die
For me
He already
Did
That’s what I need
I need it
So bad
I can taste it
A love so big
I can get lost
Inside it
I can
Drown in it
Be swallowed up
By it
A love
That
-to my foes
To the voices in my
Head
Is a ferocious
Roaring lion
It is nice
To know
I am not alone
My cries
Are heard
To borrow from
Jamie Tworkowski
I have people
[& people need other people]
I am not one…
WE ARE


Still Here
[1st version]
I feel
Like we haven’t talked
For quite a while
I want to say something
Something you need to hear
I
Just don’t know what that is
What words to string together
So
I feel
Like I’ve failed you
I haven’t
It sure feels like I have
Though
I guess
The truth is
I haven’t failed you
And
I’m not your hero
Either
Only one
Can be
So
Since I do not know
What to say to you
I’ll talk to him
Because
He knows
What I want to convey
Maybe
He can whisper
What words cannot say
Maybe he
Can help you know
I’m not going to get in the way
I’m not going to go away
Or stop praying
For you
Maybe
That
Can be
Enough
At least for now


No comments: