Wednesday, October 23, 2013

People need other people

I'm moments away from "locked & loaded" for Thurs. I leave after work, probably not immediately. However, I'm pretty well ready. A few strategical packing choices left tonight, then fini. If I "go through with my plan" on here, I'll do it tomorrow. Don't think I'll have time Thurs. 
Meanwhile TWLOHA has asked "What does People need other people mean to you?"

Be... & Breathe
If I sit in ashes,
I don't sit alone
if it feels
like
my heart
has swallowed a hand-grenade
someone will help
find
& pick up
the pieces
someone will kneel
down next to me
in the silent
undoneness
of my life
we don't have to speak
they know
they don't have
to say a word
they just need
to be
& breathe
next to me
knowing that,
hearing them,
makes a difference
 
we don't always need answers
we don't always need a song
we don't always need a book
we just need
each other
someone
to be with us
no matter what

people
need other people.
by b.e. noll


I'm loving this song: JJ Heller - If You Fall
"You are a house that’s broken down
You are a house that’s burning
And everything in me wants to run
But that’s not love

If you fall, I fall with you
If you hurt I feel it too
Even if my heart turns black and blue
I will love you..."
 
...see, TWLOHA isn't just a non-profit... it's kind of the answer to their own question.  What does People need other people mean? ...it means having someone to write love on your arms.

May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: