Thursday, September 19, 2013

[sort of a "pt 2"] sort of an explaination, maybe

Please do not ask why I posted a prayer as my previous post. I don't know either. I guess I'm just kind of dealing with "emotional channel surfing". I feel ...a lot lately. Good, great, "mildly fantastic" as we used to say long ago. I also, have memories wash over me. Some want to drown me... they just can't lately. Oh, they threaten, they roar... & I remember when they could swallow me whole for days. I mention about a "wall of grace", about the loss of children...if you wish to read about it, to learn why I sign my emails & sometimes here: "May His grace drip from your Fingers", you can read the post here:  [for L.L.] Grace found me anyway.
As I sit here writing, listening to "I need you here" by Plumb. I can think back to those days. I'm feverishly praying for these friends of mine. Each with their struggle. Many, oddly enough, bringing my own life to mind. This is very strange to me. 
For now, I'm going to cut this short. 
I've posted a bit about self-injury. Here is a great book on the subject, if you happen to wonder about it, or otherwise want to read about it.
 It's called "Inside a Cutter's mind" by Jerusha Clarke w Dr. Earl Henslin.
When my sister-in-law lost twins, I went to a dear friend I've known a long time, who happens to own Hearts & Minds bookstore in Dallastown, PA. Suggested the book pictured below. [actually, if memory serves, he recommended both books to me]
 Called: "A Grace Disguised" by Jerry Sittser. This book is his journey through the grief of a car accident that claimed the life of his Mother, Wife, & daughter. It is a wonderful book. I've given it away now to about 3 people. So this is my fourth copy, pictured. 

I should sign off & decompress.
I'll leave you with another version of "I want You Here" in which Plumb explains the writing of the song in detail [first 5 minutes of video]. I'm glad for artists like her, who are willing to write about stuff that some can't or don't want to.

take care,
know you are loved,
know that whenever your gone you are missed,
May His grace drip from your fingers,

No comments: