Monday, September 23, 2013

The Meaning of Loneliness [maybe sort of]

Do you hate to be alone? I used to. I couldn't stand it. I had to find a way to get friends to do things with me. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy getting friends together. Oh... the stories. I can still see the strange looks when we walked into Pizza Hut. The waiter seated us. "Can I take your order?" "um... actually we already ordered. Can we eat it here instead?" "ah...sure." We waited to laugh till he walked away. We didn't have the nerve to tell him we ordered from their pay phone. Left to see if we could hang at a friend's house [who wasn't home]. Then came back. Ever sit in a Pizza Hut & eat it out of the take out box? "Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt". Unique, that's us. Look at it this way, you won't hear stories like this anywhere else! Guts or stupidity... YOU decide. [no comments from the peanut gallery! You know who you are -& I do too]
Where was I? Ah yes, Loneliness. It bothered me for a long time. One summer, that was especially black & cruel, After I survived the cell I put myself in. I came to the beginning of an enjoyment of loneliness. A longing for it. It's been said:
"Take time for quiet moments. For God whispers, & the world is loud."
That's what seemed to happen to me. No music, no cell phone....sometimes no notebook or camera. Just me, myself, & Him. I learned something I never would have imagined. God actually wants to be with me. Wild huh? That was the death of "fear of being alone". Now I need some of it. So we can hang out together. It never goes "as planned", usually because I'm the planning committee.

Meaning of Loneliness - Van Morrison
How to be Alone by Tanya Davis. 

It can be very helpful to be alone. I'll get a unique chance on Wed. My Uncle works for the same people I do. Only he lives & works in Delaware. I will take a delivery to him. I leave York early morning on Wed. & [hopefully] be back about 3 - 4pm. 8 to 9 hours of solitude. Me, myself, & Him. Oh, & of course, my tunes. My mp3 player, which is affectionately known as "B's band in a box". Coldplay to King Crimson, Neal Morse to Jack Johnson, Galactic Cowboys to Adele, with some Weird Al, Queen, Rush, Gungor, U2, etc. thrown in for good measure. It's going to be a nice "open road" day. Looking forward to it.

I posted a link
to a "music only" trailer for Day One quite a few posts ago.
Here is a trailer "with dialogue"
Day One [formerly called "Renee"]
[yeah, as we used to say: "shameless plug # 487.2"]

May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: