Friday, March 21, 2014

a new poem

[wrote this while sitting in my car. Listening to a great song]

Someone Wants You

I know
what he did
I know
the wounds
run
so deep
straight to your
steadily hollowing out core
his actions
like a jagged sword
cutting you there
then
the wound
develops this
corrosiveness
eating away at
what's left of you
hollowing you out
you
are certain that
you
can't have any value
that no one
could possibly want you
but
someone does
probably
more people
than you know
you do have value
you are one of a kind
you
are worth fighting for
you
are worth
the space you occupy
we aren't giving up
on you
please
join us
by b.e. noll

might be off line for a bit. Might not notice here. I've got a lot of things swirling in my head. I need to off load this stuff. Kind of a deep breath. There's so much inside of me. I just need to let it spill out. So I can relax. So my head feels lighter. So I can keep pushing forward. Growth can be painful. Yet, stagnation... is the death of never really living. Or... not living...anymore.

May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: