Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12 poems of Christmas? ["day" 2]

welcome to a slightly later than I'd like edition of my "self challenge".
The movie referenced in this one is Narnia's "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader". It was really good. I loved the end. [thanks for going with, Joe]

A midnight clear

They say it came
perhaps for them
for me
however
it came
over the course of
many events
this
“I will never leave you or forsake you”
it came to me on
“normal looking” days
Nothing seemed “out of the ordinary”
till things went wrong
wrong enough to end me
yet
didn’t
wrong enough,
sometimes,
to make me want
my story to be over
roll credits
bring up the house lights
drop your 3D glasses
into the bin
discuss what you liked afterward
with a friend
at a fast food joint
but on my
nights that were
not so clear
my days
that were not so
“merry & bright”
he
came
[or, perhaps better said, he stayed]
showed me
that even if I couldn’t see
anyone who cared
it didn’t mean
that they weren’t there

I’m glad
that when I asked you
to end my story
you said
no.
…funny,
seeing a movie
Sat.
with a good friend
I want to leave my life
the way the mouse
left the movie screen
thank for hanging with me
& a friend
in a movie theater
on a Sat.
Thanks
for writing my story
for forgiving me
when I want
to wrestle the pen
from your hand
most of all…
thanks
for being
the hero
of my story

By B.E. Noll

No comments: