Friday, December 24, 2010

12 poems of Christmas? ["day" 12]

Jesu

thank you
for coming here
for allowing us to adore you
Jesu,
you are
the greatest gift of all
you came
so we can do more
than call you
our God
you came to deepen our
relationship
with you
with God
our father
thank you
for being
Emmanuel
God with us
thank you
for saving us
from our sin
from death
thank you
for never leaving
or forsaking
us
I can write
a thousand poems
it'll never come
half way
to telling
how wonderful
you are
who am I
that you would save this wretch?
that you would choose
to leave your throne
to leave the forever
praises that are sung
age
after endless age
to you
THAT
you deserve
not this
not a barn
not a cross
not beaten & bruised
certainly not death
I deserve
these things
not you
you
want
me
that
bad?
...joy
to the world
indeed
my heart sings
right along
with thousands
of others before me...
"hallelujah...
and you
shall reign
forever
and ever
King of kings
Lord of lords..."
Born the King of angels
Born the King of all I can see
and much I cannot see
[much less fathom]
Thank you
for the sunset tonight
all of nature
rejoices
in the beauty
of it's creator
I've said this
to humans
but
it is infinitesimally
more true
of you
It may be
your birthday, Jesus
but we
got the gift!
thank you for the gift
of yourself
thank you, Jesus...
for being you
and loving me

rejoicingly yours,
b.e. noll

"glory to God
glory to God
in the highest
...peace on Earth
for the saving
King has come
and his light is here
for all who live
in darkness..."

We have seen a great light,
a brand new dawn,
of a never ending day,
his name
is
Jesus,
joy of man's desiring
desire
fulfilled


Happy Birthday Jesu!


hope this was as fun for you who read it, as it was for me.
May you have a very Merry Christmas
and a blessed new year,
Maria's here -like, in the house, so I may not post for a few days.
may God bless you all,
goodnight

No comments: