Monday, April 28, 2014

I don't know who else to be, more & more I'm secretly just me...

Hello. My weekend was up & down. My eyes are starting to hurt a bit. So I won't be on here long. [I hope] I have been attempting to write more on myself on here. I guess I'm partly just living into a line from the song: "Goodbye [This is not Goodbye]" by Over the Rhine. "...I don't know who else to be, more & more I'm secretly just me...help me tell the truth, you see, that's all I'm tryin' to do, is tell the truth..."
I posted a few weeks ago about my "Tues. playlist" being a prog playlist. Though, honestly, I also mix a little Phish, Dave Matthews Band, Van Morrison, Umphrey's McGee, Sting in there. A little bit of Jazzy stuff & jam band stuff into that mix. What I was going for was 2 things. Not to get sick of any part of my collection. As well as to not have the same songs or artist on all of my playlists [Mon - Fri]. Though, after seeing the trailer for Day One [the film of Renee Yohe's story & the origin of To Write Love On Her Arms] Every time I think of these playlists I see Kat Dennings putting headphones on & saying "Mon playlist, track four."
Absolutely every single time.
All of this rambling to say that today, being a Monday, here is my Mon playlist [of sorts]:
"Modern Mondays"
Which is the "younger side" of my collection. Which include artists like:
The National, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Adele, Ingrid Michealson, Collective Soul, Dustin Kensrue, Death Cab For Cutie, Plumb, Bearcat, Paramore, fun., Coldplay,

One day as I was listening to "Best of You" by The Foo Fighters, I began to think of a song by Orianthi [According to You]. What was my link between these two songs? I could think of these songs from multiple angles. "Best of you" easily makes you think of someone getting under your skin. For whatever reason [my "unique" way of thinking I guess] I began to think of this song in a positive light. Who am I giving the best of me to? Should I be? Though there are lines in the Orianthi song that are exclusive to being sung by a girl, I've imagined myself singing this song to various people. Yet wondered... could anyone sing this to me? [I certainly hope not].  These things just happen to me. Music can be such a "thought journey" starter. I just don't know why. I'm just like this.
Well, that's all I can do for you tonight. Below is just one of quite a few photos from Rickett's Glen....


May His grace drip from your fingers,
B


No comments: