Wednesday, April 9, 2014

a color poem [the t-shirt poem]

Well, I'll say it briefly here as well. I feel like 2014 is the year of stretching me & moving me into things that fall squarely on the list of "never in a million years [at least not if I can help it]". I'm not only driving tomorrow, I'm driving a box truck. Not just to my usual stops, to 2 extra stops on top of it. I'm not really sure I want to know how this year is going to end. Seriously. I got to meet people this year that I think are way cool. And it's only April! Sounds like my birthday weekend will be packed. 2 hikes in as many days. [THIS I could get used to] At least if all things work out ok. Jamie posted on twitter about TWLOHA's colors. Since I had just got back from The Well [which was awesome. Not surprised that it was. I SO needed it.] @ LWCC. I took his post & rhymed my response. So here is the poem that grew out of that...
The Colors of Hope, the colors of conversation
[or the t-shirt poem]

Black & white & blue
The colors
Of me & you
Holding
Onto hope
Together
As we ride out
The storms
Wearing t-shirts
Using them
As keys
To unlock prisons
Ours
Others
Shirts
Who knew
The doors
They would open
The words
That were
locked behind them?
The breaking down
Of old little boxes
That people
Were never meant
To be put in
Phrases
To start a rebellion
With
The chance
To not be alone
To not feel alone
All starting
With a boy
[several]
A girl
A story
A shirt
And
Words of courage
Showing
As they say
And wear it
That
LOVE
IS THE MOVEMENT
RESCUE
IS POSSIBLE
The bleeding
Really can stop
That it is
Not only possible
But very worth it
To
Write
Love
On Her
Arms

By b.e. noll
[thx Jamie, & friends]

Hopefully I won't get out of work too late or get back too late for my class tonight.
Oh, & you can hear Jamie's interview from Relevant magazine @ 2pm today. Unless you will be "unavoidably detained" like me.

May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: