Thursday, April 2, 2009

the 3 mysteries of place [part 3]

Well, my eyes hurt a bit, ....but my ears have been caressed by the sounds of Bruce Cockburn's new live one. So this will be brief.
2 quotes I love by musicians....

“My job is to try and trap the spirit of things in the scratches of pen on paper, in the pulling of notes out of metal,” - Bruce Cockburn

“I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning . . . Every day I find something creative to do with my life.”

- Miles Davis



The sacred mysterious presence…

You show up

In unexpected times

Peace,

Grace,

Mercy,

Unending love,

All ride with You

Like You were

Bringing

Dark chocolate

Or a fine wine

To “secretly share”

With me

Nothing compares

To our times together

You redefine joy

Every time

You show up

I’m never quite the same

Afterward

You

Change everything

Sometimes You show up

…as I’m driving to work

Sometimes

We get to go to the Labyrinth together

[You are always there,

And it feels like I’ve walked into Your living room

-especially this year]

Sometimes

I need

To spit things out

To get them

Off my chest

Thankfully

You are fine with that

Sometimes

I just need to

Not be alone

And You

Just set down

And be still

With me

You

By being You

Make

Any place

Sacred

By showing up

You let me

Scream at You

Be really upset

You are still You

And I still

Desperately

Need You

[so bad I can taste it]

You are

The origin

Of my anti-depression

Like one of

“our songs” says,

“like black coffee,

Like nicotine,

…like honey

On a tongue,

Like oxygen,

I need Your love”

I really do….


God, my father...
thanks for letting me drown
in the ocean of Your love.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love to read this expression of Love and relationship