Sunday, March 22, 2015

I am so glad to get some time with my sister-in-law. I've watched her grow up. When I married Mick, Maria was our flower girl. She was 10 years old. Now she's in her 20's. Living, currently, in Taiwan. Home for another week yet. This last Thurs - Fri. was such a throwback for me. Her, staying overnight here. When Mick & I looked at houses for us to start our life together, & she was with us. She'd say: "Ooo. I like this one. There's my room." She's had a "room" in my heart since I went down to pick Mickey up for a date & she came out to me & asked: "Are you taking my sister out?"
"Um... yeah. Is that ok with you?" She sat there & thought about it for a while. [don't think she'd been asked before, honestly] She responded, after earnest thought: "Yeah... that's ok."
Which was good. I hadn't really thought about how I'd break it to her if she gave a different answer. I immediately became her Brother. She threw this "in-law" business out the first available window. And yes, Brother was always emphasized. She'd always wanted one, this is as close as she's going to get, deal with it. It was quite cute. And, she'd probably hate it to know I've posted this here.

No comments: