Thursday, February 13, 2014

from tweet to poem

inspired by a tweet response I made...

Paper Courage
Writing
Has been so many things
Therapy, a chance to vent,
To say something important
And then remember
What it was
I said, & how I said it.
The ability to pull my thoughts
Out of the air & stair at them
To see how true they really are
Some fit in with the writing
Of my story
Fleshing it out in grand directions
Some are just a black void
Sucking the life out of my story
Scratches on the record of
My song
So I need to lift the needle & move it
So I can stop hearing the same old part
Knowing they are there
I can have the scratches taken out
Slowly
Over time
The song becomes restored
To it’s best version
Remixed
Re-recorded so the sound
Can be heard as the artist
Originally intended
Maybe this song
Will flavor your song?
Maybe this song
Or this poem
[blog post, tweet, facebook post]
will so touch you
or me
that it will become
our
paper courage
Standing in the storms
Refusing to be buried
In the snow
Or washed away
In the rain
Or blown away by the wind
Standing courageous

As proof

That you & I

Can also survive the storm

Strengthened
By it.
by b.e. noll

not so stuck at home, in the snow. 
You're only stuck if you refuse to move. 
"...one foot in front of the other, as they say, even if it's dismal, I'm guaranteed change..."
Crazy Fishes by Bearcat, from the Bearcat EP.

May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: