Monday, January 11, 2010

The Splintered Rainbow

The splintered rainbow





I walk upon the snow









The crunch of my feet on fallen leaves
And “some-what” fresh fallen snow
The snow it glints to me
Winking in colors
Shifting splinters of a deconstructed rainbow
Your presence
Filling the space between me
And every living & dead thing
On this frozen path
Magical
…yet, more than mere magic
Divine, breath taking
Soul stirring
I smile
In childlike glee
I go from 38
To 3 in the blink of an eye
Small, compared to you
And glad to be
Your presence
Now wrapping around me
Like a blanket
I press the capture button
In feeble belief
That I can borrow more than these images
That I can borrow this makeshift
Momentary temple
To share with others
Sadly, they must search for you themselves
For this moment is for us
And so I pray
That they will have their own

By Brian Eugene Noll

















[ok, I tried something different. Don't know if I like it. By the way, if you click on the snow pictures you'll see the "splintering" I wrote about. It creates a rainbow dots look here, if only you could have seen it the way I saw it!]

No comments: