Wednesday, January 20, 2010

judging...or not

I'm not big on condemning people. I guess it would be ok under the high school train of thought: "takes one to know one". I don't know anyone else's heart. [I'm not really that good with my own] Who am I to condemn someone else? When did God give me the job? WHY?!?! God knows me too well, & is WAY too smart to give me the job. "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth?" -God [to Job]. I, personally, think of that question as if He posed it to me. "Brian, did I come to you for advice on how to shape the Earth? Is Florida ok, or should it be wider?" No, I don't like what Robertson said. Condemning Robertson isn't really that different than him condemning anyone else... is it? Isn't it still: me playing God? Isn't that still wrong [not to mention frightening?]
I've been asked about "the Pat Robertson thing". I think I'll quote a few musicians, myself.

ONE
[by U2]
"we're one, but we're not the same, well we hurt each other, then we do it again, You say 'love is a temple, love the higher law'...you ask me to enter, & then you make me crawl, but I can't keep holdin' on, to what you've got, when all you've got is hurt, one love, one blood, one life, you've got to do what you should, one life, with each other, sisters, brothers, one life but we're not the same we get to carry each other, carry each other, one..."

"When we find fault in others, we find fault in ourselves." - Robert Fripp

THE LAW OF GRACE
mercy triumphs over justice -written on the arm of Lacy [the singer for Flyleaf]

"...on our knees with open arms, we worship in one spirit. ...make us one..."
- Neal Morse [to me this part of the last song on ONE, is like a prayer.]

"do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, & with the measure you use." - Jesus [ouch] Matthew 7:1&2 [I also like this in The Message. You can look it up online @: biblegateway.com.]

May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: