Monday, September 1, 2014

TWLOHA: No one else can play your part #nooneelse14

To Write Love On Her Arms is asking this question for Suicide awareness week Sept. 8th - 14th [day: 10th]. So I thought I'd put some thoughts down....

I see faces in my mind who would have no problem writing this for me. The answer seems so loud to them. I sit here & stare, dumbly, at them.  The first thing that comes to mind is a sarcastic answer. "...because who would WANT to?" "...because no one else is THIS strange."
I'd like to grab the first one....
Who would want to play my part?
See, if you play my part....who will play yours? If you play my part & I don't.... then the world looses two people. You can't be me, AND your not being you. You might be able to be me long enough to film a movie, but that's it. So be yourself. You won't know how valuable it is till we get to see it for ourselves. We probably need it more than either of us knows.
Which is probably true of me, also.
I cannot tell you how many times I've head people say: "you see things so differently than anyone else I know."
Yeah, it's not as fun as the brochure says it is. Sometimes it sucks to be unique.
So...
No one can play my part because...
well, for starters, no one would turn this question into a blog post [except me]. Because no one jokes like I do. Because no one can be really "stream-of-consciousness" funny like me, one minute... then be able to talk/ listen to others talk about really dark stuff & just listen. Trying to understand, help, just be there & tell them they still matter. Ask later on how they are. Do they still know that they are loved. That they matter. That I'm glad they are still alive.
So...I ask you who read this to sit & come up with the answer as well.
Tell someone why: "No one can play your part".
It's true, even if you can't believe it.


May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: