Thursday, June 12, 2014

This is not the end [this is not the end]

If you can understand it. This is from a song by Gungor, a song by Christina Perri, & listening to an interview [Conan interviewing Jack White].


This is not the end [this is not the end]
This is the end
It is
So very over
I have walked
Through the door
I could walk back
There is no point
In doing that
Though
I’ve been there
And done that
I wanted to do that
However
I don’t want to be
A scratch on a record
Playing the same
Notes
To the same melody
Over
And over
And
Over
Again
While this is the end
I’ve come to it at last
I’m
Gladly terrified

…and yet
This
Is not
The end
Not the end of me
The end of us
This is not the end of me
This is the beginning
One book ends
One movie
Rolls credits
And a new movie
A new book
Begins
Where will
This character
This me
Go now?
I’m scared
And I’m excited
Can it be
That what scares me
Is the very point of origin
Of my excitement.
So this is the end
And
This is not the end
[and ok, I’m done now]

May his grace drip from your fingers,
b.e. noll

No comments: