Thursday, August 1, 2013

the live version of a photo

Yesterday I got to spend a few fleeting moments with some friends I haven't seen for quite a while. It was nice to see them...

live version of an old photo
I haven't heard
these voices
singing to each other
in conversation
for such a long time
fun to see the reconnection
catching up on what's been happening
eve's dropping on each other's stories
flurries of questions
nods of understanding
a community
reconnecting
the well worn bicycle metaphor
fitting in quite nicely
hand shakes
hugs
once again
looking at smiles live
where
for so long
it was just frozen smiles of yesterday
on dog eared photos of
another time
long ago

Thank you
Yahweh
for making people
priceless

b.e. noll
[I have no clue who took this photo, as I am in it. Thanks though!
Laramy Peak, Wyoming. !980... 1988 or 1989, pretty sure]

No comments: