Sunday, August 11, 2013

@ least two

Today's talk was inspiring, at least to me. Between that & Chris Smith's spoken intro to & our singing of Never Once by Matt Redman I wrote this:

@ least two
so often
I have felt
completely alone
by
myself
like there was
no one
for me
with me
beside me
on my side
not one
who understood
got it
wanted to
I believed
a lie
in a sea of faces
a liar
THE liar
whispered
till I believed
& mourned

mourned the loss
of people
right in front of me
years later
standing
in a
"no loneliness allowed" room
sunday morning
singing a song
exposing that lie
never once
was I alone
I have many
a sea of loving faces
that clothe hearts
of love
mercy
grace
care
help
I have those
who will stand
walk
run
cry
be silent
with me
no matter
where my path leads
it's never
"just me"
it's never
"just one"
alone
it's
always
@ least two
[me...& YOU]


...YOU
closer than skin,
bigger
than air,
stronger
than steel,
more flexible
than water,
more alive
than life,
longer
than time,
deeper
than the universe,
further "up"
than space,
firmer
than Earth,
YOU
the one
whom
the universe
rests on
like a marble
rests
in my hand

b.e. noll

p.s. Thanks to Tracy & Jim, who were an unknowing [personal] illustration of the sermon topic today, community.

No comments: