Tuesday, December 18, 2012

silence
so loud
then the solemn bells rang
measuring
silence
and the hole
that is left in us
like loosing a limb
you learn
to live without
you never learn
to like it


Dearest Jesu,
I pray that you will create for Newtown the same indescribable peace you created for me. When She lost twins. You gave me a new perspective on "the peace that passes understanding". It felt like walking into a wall of water. I felt drenched in your grace. Like I was swimming in it. When I left that hospital room... somewhere down the hall I felt like I walked out of that "wall of water", & yet... like your grace was dripping off of me, off the end of my fingers & oozing into the walls & the floor. To seek out others who need it. I pray that grace descends on Newtown. That they would feel your peace filling the streets.  That you would be felt there, in their midst. Watching over them, comforting them, holding them.

As we celebrate your birthday, I pray that we will be thankful ...
for you coming to change the world forever
for those people you have allowed to walk or be born into our lives
that we will see again, the people we wish would fill the empty chairs around our tables
for families
both that we are born into
and the ones
who have elected us into their fold

personally,
thanks for my families,
for Living Word,
growth group
that LW's kindness
is matched by their giving hearts

I've heard so many vigils & random acts of kindness that are going on. Today, as I listened to Christmas carols at work, & thought of the solemn bells that will ring this Fri. makes me want to call in a request to play a Christmas song or two around the time of, or shortly after the bells toll.
Ring Christmas Bells - Ray Conniff
Prince of Peace - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Oh Holy Night - Harry Connick Jr.
Cry of a Tiny Babe - Bruce Cockburn
and casting crowns version of I heard the bells on Christmas day
[fav. line: "redemption rips through the surface of time, in the cry of a tiny babe..."]
In the First light - Glad

Ring Christmas bells, merrily ring, 
Tell all the world Jesus is King.
Loudly procalim with one accord 
The happy tale, Welcome the Lord.

Ring Christmas bells, sound far and near 
The birthday of Jesus is here.
Herald the news to young and old,
Tell it to all in every tongue.

Ring Christmas bells, tell loud and long 
Your message sweet, peal and prolong,
Come all ye people, join in the singing,
Repeat the story told by the ringing.

Ring Christmas bells, through out the earth
Tell the glad news of Jesus' birth,
Loudly proclaim with one accord 
The happy tale, Welcome the Lord.
 
"This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before." - Leonard Bernstein
[quoted from twitter, by @theStOlafChoir, via @bellasoul]

the story above is where my sign off came from...
 May His grace drip from your fingers,
  B

[I posted about the loss a long while ago here.  if your curious]

No comments: