Tuesday, December 4, 2012

not so unexpected [@ least for me]

Yes, I am excited that next Sat. I will be in a movie theater watching The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey [which I am now told is part 1 of 3]. Keeping with the previous film adaptations of J.R.R. Tolkien's [John Ronald Reuel Tolkien's] beloved stories of Middle-earth. I'm told it clocks in @ 3hrs, 9min. I've enjoyed the book, so the length of the movie seems to suggest they won't leave anything to the "wish that was in the movie" category. I'm glad that they only added 1 actor who plays a character from Lord of the Rings trilogy who wasn't in that trilogy. Mr. Freeman seems to fit nicely as "the Young Bilbo Baggins". So if you want to O.D. on trailers for the film go on youtube [I think they're up to "TV spot # 9" now] & you can watch 30 min. of trailers for the film.
I wanted to embed a trailer or 2 but, alas, I'll have to settle for linking to them.

The Hobbit [trailer 1]
The Hobbit [trailer 2]
A fan edited 7 min. trailer featuring both previous ones & TV trailers together

One of my favorite dialogue moments is in the first trailer.
It seems true to life,
at least to me.
Gandalf:
"You'll have a tale or 2 to tell when you get back."
Bilbo:
"Can you promise that I will come back?"
Gandalf:
"No...    ...but if you do... you will not be the same."

try to enjoy the journey,
wherever it leads.
And follow the greatest leader.
b.e. noll

No comments: