Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A favorite guitarist [R. Fripp]

I believe I've mentioned that I enjoy King Crimson [as well as various "splinterings" or "fractals" of this unique band. Which are sometimes named as ProjeKcts.] I think I've also mentioned enjoying Robert Fripp's extremely unique approach to solo guitar. [think of what abstract art... would sound like.] I can still hear a co-worker asking me "where is that music coming from?" My phone, I told her. Can you believe this is being created on a guitar? I said. "you're kidding". "Not even a little". When I happen to get to work before the other warehouse workers, I turn my phone's music player on. Which pretty much has only Fripp's solo work on it. It's nice to have recordings of Fripp following me around on my belt, bouncing off the racks. For me, it creates a monastery feel to... well, anywhere I happen to be. I'm going to link to NPR, who has had Robert Fripp come to New York to play in the "Winter Garden" several times. If you like it, you can listen to it for a while [approx. 57 minutes]. If not...well, that's ok. If you liked everything I like, as much as I do, that would be... well, kind of creepy.
Every human is created unique. Ironically, it's what we have in common.
Think of it this way, God doesn't do reprints. [or re-runs, repeats,
So, about that link: Robert Fripp's Soundscapes, Dec. 3 and Dec. 4, 2010 [part 2]
have a peaceful day.
[more photos to come]
B

No comments: