Thursday, April 14, 2011

a sudden, & odd poem

A farewell letter

sorry I must go
sorry
that is
for you
this isn’t as sad
as I thought it would be
at least
not for me
I have a story
I have
a storyteller
I do not always like the way he tells my story
or the speed
at which
I get to read [see]
the story unfold
sometimes
I even try not to let
the pages turn
for fear
of loosing something
or fear
of gaining something
that isn’t as good
as I’d like it to be
yet
this changes nothing
I still must live
more loosely
with you
than I originally did
Why?
because
I
let you
set my boundaries
you
however
are not
the author
of my story
I
must do
whatever it takes
to remove
you
from
the place that
the author
is supposed
to be
please
forgive me
for ever putting you there
I know
my author can
it is my hope
that you can
as well


by b.e. noll


I wrote this poem, moments ago. Just so I don't make anyone uncomfortable [please don't ask why I feel the need to type this] this is a good-bye of sorts to a variety of persons, places, objects, routines, habits, thoughts, etc. These are both past, & present. Thus, somehow, this poem seems to be written... more to me, than by me.

May his grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: