Monday, December 29, 2008

Solitude


Solitude

It can mean

Lonely

Walled off

Unwanted

Un

Searched for

Un

Noticed

Under

Rated

…or

It can mean

Rest

A chance to clear my head

A chance to hear

From Him

Who is

The origin

Of all things

To listen to Him

To speak to Him

Slowly

Unhurriedly

A chance to breathe

A chance

To write

My thoughts

A chance to

Understand

My own thoughts

A chance

To exhale

Slowly

Evenly

To set in

And realize

That I’m smack

Dab

In the middle

Of the single

Largest work

Of art

Known to man

A

“Living Masterpiece”

A break

Before I

Become

Broken

Again

Perhaps

Instead of

Becoming broken again

Lord…

I hope so

Thank you

Oh God

For rest

For solitude

Thank you

That there are those

Who miss me

Help me

Not

To make You

One of them


No comments: