Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Anatomy of a Gift [revisited]

I have been told by my mother that people are the eternal treasure. I treasure my family & my friends. My growth group guys, my extended family, my church family...
People... are the only "thing" we can't replace. They are what matters the most.
More than trees...
more than pretty paper....
more than songs....
So..... if people are a gift to our lives. Then... here's the break down for you. A [hopefully wonderful] analogy for you this Christmas.
If a human is a gift to the rest of us, then.....
The clothes, hair color, jewelry, piercings, glasses, makeup, vehicle, house, job.....
that's the wrapping paper.
The body, itself,   the mind, the heart.... are the box.
The soul [intellect, emotions, personality] THAT'S the gift.
the part that makes you ...you.
YOU ARE A GIFT TO US. PLEASE don't forget. Among all that you ever read here, please don't forget that ever.
...so... we are left with:
The tag.
To me the tag is two sided.
On one side... is the boy in the manger.
To remind us who the gift is from......
& on the other side is the cross......
to remind us...
what the gift is worth.
Jesus is a gift to us. His story....to end all stories. The greatest love story, of all.
He gave us you.
You
are a gift to us.
So we thank Jesus.... for sharing.
For sharing you...
with us.
Merry Christmas....
& may His grace drip from your fingers,
B

No comments: