Monday, August 27, 2012

another sunday song[s]

I started looking up links to music I like for a friend. so here's another songs on Sunday posting... [warning the Keaggy link is quiet...Randolph is absolutely NOT quiet]
Phil Keaggy & jazz bassist John Patitucci playing "I Shall See God"
Robert Randolph & the Family Band Run for your life, & Jesus is Just Alright

in a different direction...
a friend is going through a tough time right now. Often in my life I've been better at expressing things through songs of others. So here are a few dealing with struggle.

Amy Grant - Somewhere down the Road [became a favorite track after My Sister-in-law lost twins.]
Michael Roe - I need God

Amy Grant - Better Than a Hallelujah
The Swirling Eddies - With the Tired Eyes of Faith

U2 - When I look at the World
[Jesu "...it's no use I can't see what you see, when I look at the world..."]
this list goes on forever by the way. However I'll stop here for now.

The photo @ top is of Linville falls. Sometimes... you feel like that rock, at the bottom. The water is all around you...& your still thirsty. Your immovable... & no one seems to be able to touch you.....& you wish they could...
I'll close with the final song from U2's 360 degrees, live @ the Rose Bowl....
[Moment of Surrender]

May His grace drip from your fingers,
B

Photo by b.e. noll, from my trip to the Blue Ridge.

No comments: