Thursday, December 22, 2011

a Christmas playlist, & Count your blessings

I mentioned a few songs the other day. So I'll start off with a song from the movie I grew up watching on Christmas Eve with Mom & Dad every year.
The movie? White Christmas
Snow
Bruce Cockburn - Cry of a Tiny Babe
GLAD - In The First Light
Glen Campbell - It Must be Getting Close to Christmas
[from 1 of "the Christmas Records" played for me as a child]
And thank you Michael Buble for being a guy singing this next one!
Michael Buble - All I Want for Christmas is You
After December Slips Away [couldn't find the original singers, First Call. Donny is close though]

this is also from White Christmas, the movie...
"...when your worried,
and you can't sleep,
just count your blessings,
instead of sheep,
& you'll fall asleep
counting your blessings..."

Thank you Jesus,
for my many blessings
thank you for...
Mickey, I don't think I'll ever forget her
setting under the tree
with a green bow in her hair
my best gift
[besides you]
Mom & Dad
vacations
learning to drive
bake
live
love
love you
I love them loving so many
Friends:
Donnie, Joe, Doug, Sean,
Shelby, Beth, Jenn & Linda,
Cindy, Randy S., Matt F., Matt S.
Heather & Matt, Mel & Carol,
...
In-laws:
Mom & Dad A, Mel & Bubb,
Mare [& Ben], Maria
Kenzie & P [nieces]
Cousins...
Aunts & Uncles
[thank you that Uncle John Williams will be celebrating @ home!!]
ART:
Roger Dean, P.J. Crook,
King Crimson, Rich Mullins, Iona, Kemper Crabb,
U2, ...
Thank you for being you & loving me
Thank you for LWCC:
Worship Arts, Pastors Steve, Aaron, & Brian,

Thank you for inventing music...
Thank you for rest...
Love Always,
B

The best gifts aren't under the tree...
but they do tend to put stuff under it.

No comments: