Monday, July 18, 2011

to be unreachable

I put up a post on annoying phone calls...here.
however... that makes me think about writing a poem...

unreachable
sometimes
it's so very nice
to be disconnected
unlatched
from this thing
called the internet
it's nice to walk
a path
instead of a superhighway
to power down
my techie stuff
& just walk off
into the wild
to get away from all
that I can
so that I can be with
him whom
I cannot escape

oh...
how I long
to get away with you
to walk along
a winding path
through
under
around
rocks
trees
streams
ponds
lakes
rivers
I long
to get lost
in the vastness
of you
to be in the presence of
the one who formed me
the one who keeps the universe
from fraying to pieces
the peace
the quiet
the tranquility
that my heart knows
when you are near
May I never be unreachable to you
for
if I am
I have sadly
chosen it
I will be
less than me
because of the choice

so make this bad, lonely choice
unreachable
[by choice]

by b.e. noll

No comments: